11.10.2020

Meeting my Irish Author







I'll always remember that night. 

I went alone, as I often did back in those days. 

Professor Sandra Manoogian Pearce had brought Irish author Edna O'Brien to Moorhead State University to read from her new novel HOUSE OF SPLENDID ISOLATION
 
It was October, 1995 and I had just bought a copy of the book at Zandbroz Variety, and O'Brien was going to do a signing after her reading. 
 
I arrived early to Weld Hall auditorium, where the event was taking place. I had not been there before, and I instantly loved its oldness and character. 
 
I settled in, and read from the book. I often will come very early to a venue to get a feel for the place before it comes alive with an audience. 

To hear Edna O'Brien read her own work was to forget where you were.

[Below is the rest of the interview shown above of Edna O'Brien, that was done the evening before the reading in Moorhead...]


No comments:

Post a Comment